Sunday, August 7, 2011

{lots to blog about}

I returned last night from what I discovered to be one of the happiest places on earth:





Lake Powell.

Seriously, I don’t know how I’ve been missing out on this my entire life…what a crime!
I’ve never been much of a boater so this trip was full of a lot of “firsts” for me; first time slalom skiing, first time jet skiing, first time surfing, and first time cliff jumping. And I loved it all!! Sun, water, and a fabulous group of people...i couldn't ask for more.
A big thanks goes out to this charming fellow and his family for making the trip possible.



It was a week of bliss.




As if the week couldn’t get any better, let’s add a cherry on top: the Tim McGraw concert.
Initially, if i'm being honest, it was a bit of a sour cherry. Returning a bit late from Lake Powell + Traffic jam + Vehicle smoking and breaking down + Phone dying + Walking 80 miles (slight exaggeration) in the blazing heat to get to the concert + Missing the two opening bands = A sour cherry.




But guess what? I love sour cherries! It was a perfect night. Good ol’ Timmy did not disappoint. In fact, he far exceeded my expectations. It was an awesome concert and well worth the journey beforehand!



A face to describe the evening's events





and a face to describe how we really felt!





And last but not least...



Miguel, aka my older brother Michael Ted, had a birthday this past week.



Though sometimes we are polar opposites he is the best big brother i could ever ask for! We are only 18 months apart so whether he likes it or not he's been right there with me for as long as I can remember. And i wouldn't have it any other way.

Love you Miguel, hope it was a good one!



Whew, the marathon blog post has finally come to a close.

2 comments:

  1. A) that was such a fun trip and I am so happy you were there and got to experience all those firsts! And B) glad you made the Timmy concert! Slightly jealous too cause I wish I was there haha, gotta love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like you've had such a great summer! can't wait to see you again - even though that means lots of school and work.

    ReplyDelete