Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day

College is a little different the older you get. Freshmen year I was a terrified mess and had no clue what a syllabus was. Now, senior year, I realize that the only reason to attend the first day of classes is to read the syllabus to find out which assignments you don’t have to do, and which days you don’t have to go to class.

My first day as a big bad senior went a little like this...


I slept in until the last second possible to walk in right on time to my 9:00am class


I ignored first-day-of-school-protocol and did not take the time to glam myself up. I very happily settled with a bun on top of my head, because I have learned that first impressions are overrated.


I wasn’t prepared with “school supplies” and therefor had to take my journal to serve as a notebook


I sat next to my professor in Cognitive Development and wasn’t scared of him. In fact I think I’m going to like him quite a lot. Today he said “there are lots of things going on in the world, and all it takes is a library card”...profound right?


I attended a class with my brother and sister. Best. Thing. Ever.


I felt a cold sore coming in (booooooooooo) and went on a frantic chase in search of medication


I saw a lot of familiar faces that didn’t seem to find mine familiar in return (maybe it’s the bun?)


I worked for three hours as a new supervisor. Yikes.


I may or may not have dozed off in psychology. Give me a break; it’s a 2 ½ hour class.


I boycotted buying books for one more day due to their absurd price that could make even Bill Gates go broke.


I finished off the day at the grocery store where I laughed at this silly figurine



And I laughed even harder when I saw its opposite side…


HA!


All in all, it was a good day.


Second first day of school starts in the morning...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment