Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I have a problem


My whole life I have considered myself to be an exception to the well-known and ever-criticized, “Utah Accent”.

For example, I do not say “mou-in” I actually pronounce my t’s and say “mountain”.

I do not sound like a hick and I feel like I do a good job of pronouncing most my words.


One word however, has been giving me quite a bit of grief. I have been trying to break the habit for weeks now and have seen zero success. The thing is, I think a lot of people have the same problem.


The word is “already” more commonly pronounced “ardy”.


“I ardy went to that class…”

“Have you ardy seen that movie?”

“Is it ardy time to go?”


Oh man, it bugs me so bad every time I hear that word come out of my mouth. And just wait, after reading this little blurb of mine, I guarantee you will notice yourself doing the exact same thing; or maybe it is just me. Either way, it’s the worst.

That being said, the most ironic part about this blog post is that while typing it at work, a customer asked me if I was from Texas because it sounded like I had an accent.


For the love of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment