Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Hunt

I don’t know of many families who have an Easter Egg Hunt quite like my families. Okay, I take it back. I don’t know of ANY family that has an Easter Egg Hunt like my families. My Dad is a bit obsessive (in the best way of course) of this particular holiday…and it is the annual event that we all look forward to.

This year the hunt was postponed so my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew could be there…but this past Sunday, the much awaited hunt finally occurred.

I remember when I was little thinking that 400 eggs hidden in our backyard was a big deal. And let’s face it, 400 eggs is a lot of eggs. Progressively as my family has gotten older though and we’ve grown in number, so have the number of eggs.

This year the boundaries were expanded…front yard to back yard (indoors included) and the number of eggs to be found was a whopping 1,042.

This is not a joke.

And after a couple of hours of intense hunting and 80 ish eggs still to be found, we even pulled out the metal detectors. We don’t mess around in my family.

The competition was intense, the conditions muddy and even a little dangerous after an encounter with a snake; but 148 eggs, a year’s worth of laundry money, and a bag of candy later, I was one happy girl.



Counting down the days till the next Easter Egg Hunt; though i have to admit, I'm a little scared to find out next year's grand total of hidden eggs. yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment