Tuesday, December 7, 2010

let the festivities begin!

Christmas time is here which means that yummy treat making/consuming is also here. My roommate Leah taught me how to make Oreo truffles this weekend. Wow baby, those things are like little balls of heaven that turn into joy and happiness right inside your mouth. I think it is safe to say i devoured more than i actually gave out. Woops. Do i regret it? Not at all.



This weekend i also went with some friends to Temple Square to see the lights. You think that after all these years of seeing the lights that i would be sick of them, but i think i love them more and more each year.


Also included in the holiday festivities thus far: Gingerbread houses.
I would like to say that mine is the house displaying perfectly cut and placed gumdrop shingles; i would also like to say that mine is the house with candy cane lining and perfectly drizzled icing resembling snow. Unfortunately mine is neither of these; and due to my complete lack of craftiness, i created what looks more like a disaster. Yup, that right there with the so called "peppermint chimney" is my sorry excuse for a gingerbread house.

Better luck next year i guess!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh brianna! MY roommate taught ME how to make oreo truffles this weekend! we are seriously the same person. weird.. they're so good tho! and ps you are adorable.

    ReplyDelete