Tuesday, September 10, 2013

it's story time


Once upon a time, there was a girl named Brianna and—yep, you guessed it, that girl is me (side note: spell check keeps telling me to change me to I...but let’s be real, how weird would that sound? “That girl is I”? Ha no thanks). Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, Brianna moved to New York with her newly acquired husband. One weekend, when Brianna’s mom and aunt were in town visiting, the four of them decided to pay a visit to the Brooklyn Flea Market.

Alright, who is as tired of third person as I am? Lets cut to first…

So we arrived at the flea market, and it was pretty rad. There were food stands, and old clothing, vintage furniture and décor, faded maps, awesome prints…you get the picture. Really neat stuff! But I knew I’d found the Flea Market’s crowning jewel, when I stumbled upon these oh-so-beautiful mirrors. I instantly fell in love. Each had a unique tin frame in a variety of colors and patterns, and, well, if I hadn’t already found my soul mate (ahem, Rob), I might have thought I was destined to be with these mirrors (I like to exaggerate oooooobviously). They were perfect and I loved them, until HELLO!!! How much does that cost?? Lets just say they were a little out of our price range. There was no way I was going to spend that much money on a mirror after we’d just spent practically our entire bank account to get married and move to New York. So, I walked away, head held high, but oh so sad.

Not too long after I bid the mirrors goodbye, we were meandering around the market a little more; when lo and behold, Rob disappeared. I instantly knew he was up to something. If I knew my husband like I thought I did, he had gone to buy a mirror. And that is exactly what he did. A few minutes later he came walking up to me with a mirror in his hands. I wish I was the heroine in this story, but sadly I am the villain. The second I saw the mirror I was furious! How could he tempt me with that mirror when I was trying with every fiber of my being to be a responsible, married, woman? How DARE he!! I could not keep it, and I would not keep it.

So, lets be honest. How ridiculous was my behavior? Out of control ridiculous!! Rob was being such a thoughtful husband, trying to do something nice for his new bride. I should have gratefully accepted the gift, but instead I shut him down hard core. Tears pricking my eyes, I angrily made him take the mirror back. It was a lose-lose situation for me: not only did I lose my opportunity to bring that beautiful mirror home, but I hurt Rob’s feelings, and felt like a horrible wife because of it. Sigh. I’m so silly sometimes.

Now, I know you are thinking this story has a sad ending…but it doesn't—because one year later, Rob decided to end this story happily. This weekend we went and stayed at the Little America to celebrate our anniversary. When we walked into our hotel room after dinner and I saw a large, rectangular, wrapped package, I knew (or at least hoped) instantly what it was. You guessed it…he got me the mirror. Awwwwwww! How lucky am I? Now, I have two soul mates…



Alright alright, I'm totally kidding! How materialistic do you think really think i am? Gosh! Rob's the only soul mate for me :)

So i guess it's only fitting to end this post with...

...and they all (Rob, me, and the mirror of course) lived happily ever after!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE!!! Love the story and the new blog design! Love you sister!!!

    ReplyDelete