Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Home Again

Welp, I’m back in Utah with the trip I’ve been anxiously awaiting FOREVER, behind me.

NY was an absolute blast. It was so fun to see my sister Chelsea and her husband Todd. And can I just say how much I love being an aunt? It is the absolute best. My nephew Jayden is as cute as they come. There wasn’t a time over the 5 days I was with him that he wasn’t making me laugh or smile in some way.

Aside from the plague (aka the throw-up flu) that hit the household (aka Chelsea, Jayden, and me) the trip was perfect. From visiting the house that my mom grew up in, to seeing “Memphis”, to train rides, to amazing grocery stores, to the city, to laughing ourselves silly...I loved it all. Leaving was almost unbearable.



On our way to the city

The Mayan Calendar (in the Natural History Museum). I read it and don't worry, the world is most definitely not ending this year.


Time Square. You can't tell in the slightest, but the sky was b-e-a-utiful.


The house that my mom grew up in!


Cooking with wine for dinner. That was definitely a first.


View from the top. NY isn't exactly the most scenic place in the winter, haha


Central Park, which was frigid by the way. Here is the conclusion we came to: Utah cold--makes you cold from the inside out- heart, bones, and all. New York cold--similar to putting your face on an ice block. Your skin literally freezes. Brrrrr. At one point i couldnt pronounce my b's or my p's because my face was too frozen.



Jayden fell down the stairs and got a little goose egg. And when i say little i mean monstrous.


Eating at the Shake Shack where i partook of my first hamburger since September! Take that jaw. Yummmmm.

And now I’m back in Provo where school and microwave dinners are a harsh reality and all I have are these pictures to cling to, to remind me that New York wasn’t just a dream!


3 comments:

  1. such a fun trip!! lets go back haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun can't wait to hear about it! I don't know if you saw that I called you back earlier but I'll try giving you a call again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back brianna:) im jealous of your adventures. and ps we're doing lunch ASAP.

    ReplyDelete